We provide a range of services to income-eligible residents of Kane County to help achieve self-sufficiency.
Our services to you
Our Community Service Block Grant program is designed to provide a range of services to assist income-eligible residents of Kane County to attain the skills, knowledge, and financial aid necessary in promoting self-sufficiency.
Programs offered through Two Rivers Head Start Agency CSBG Program include:
- Outreach/Intake/Referral- provides a preliminary assessment, eligibility information and referral to income-eligible individuals seeking services.
- GED Assistance- helps individuals who wish to obtain their GED by covering the cost of books and/or GED test fees.
- Emergency Assistance- limited financial assistance for crisis intervention in the areas of rental, medical, glasses, transportation, and dental care services.
- Childcare Subsidy- assistance with paying weekly co-payment for childcare expenses. Participants must use a licensed childcare provider and be approved through the Child Care Resource and Referral.
- College Scholarships- provides financial assistance to eligible persons who wish to attend a 2-4 year Illinois-accredited college.
- Job Training- customized one-on-one training program to assist individuals in increasing their employment opportunities.
- Food Pantry- monthly distribution of DHS Commodities and donated food.
- Back to School Assistance- distributes shopping cards to purchase a new pair of shoes for children as they return for a new school year (K-12). Only available during summer months.
- Senior Assistance- assists individuals age 62+ with unmet needs. Services could include car repair, eye glasses, medical equipment, dental care, etc.