We provide a range of services to income-eligible residents of Kane County to help achieve self-sufficiency.
***PLEASE NOTE–MARCH 29, 2020–EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, AND UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE–Due to the possible spread of COVID-19, our Food Pantry is distributing food by appointment only. Please see our “Food Pantry” Page for information on how to schedule an appointment to receive food. For any other services needed, please call (630) 264-1444, and ask to speak to a case worker. THANK YOU for your understanding and cooperation in helping us keep our clients and employees safe and healthy while we serve the needs of our community!***
Our services to you
Our Community Service Block Grant program is designed to provide a range of services to assist income-eligible residents of Kane County to attain the skills, knowledge, and financial aid necessary in promoting self-sufficiency.
Programs offered through Two Rivers Head Start Agency CSBG Program include:
- Outreach/Intake/Referral- provides a preliminary assessment, eligibility information and referral to income-eligible individuals seeking services.
- GED Assistance- helps individuals who wish to obtain their GED by covering the cost of books and/or GED test fees.
- Emergency Assistance- limited financial assistance for crisis intervention in the areas of rental, medical, glasses, transportation, and dental care services.
- Childcare Subsidy- assistance with paying weekly co-payment for childcare expenses. Participants must use a licensed childcare provider and be approved through the Child Care Resource and Referral.
- College Scholarships- provides financial assistance to eligible persons who wish to attend a 2-4 year Illinois-accredited college.
- Job Training- customized one-on-one training program to assist individuals in increasing their employment opportunities.
- Food Pantry- monthly distribution of DHS Commodities and donated food.
- Back to School Assistance- distributes shopping cards to purchase a new pair of shoes for children as they return for a new school year (K-12). Only available during summer months.
- Senior Assistance- assists individuals age 62+ with unmet needs. Services could include car repair, eye glasses, medical equipment, dental care, etc.