School readiness for children from the ages of 3 to 5 years old.
What is Head Start?
Our Head Start program promotes the Kindergarten readiness of children aged 3-5 years old from income-eligible families in Kane and DeKalb counties and surrounding areas.
Our Head Start center-based program offers 2 options:
- Full-Day Session (Sycamore center only), where children attend classes 5 days per week for 6 hours, from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (9 months per year).
- KEYS Session (Full-Day/Full-Year) is available from 6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (11 ½ hours per day, 12 months per year). Children’s attendance varies based on their parents’ work schedules.
Ready to get started?
Begin the enrollment process with the help of our staff.
If you’re interested in enrolling your child in Head Start, click the button below to fill out a quick form.
School readiness is defined as children being ready for school, as well as their families being ready to support their children’s learning. School readiness is measured by the skills set out in 5 key domains:
- Language and Literacy
- Cognition and General Knowledge
- Approaches to Learning
- Physical Development and Health
- Social and Emotional Development
Two Rivers Head Start Agency is more than just a preschool. We are your partner in helping prepare your child for a lifetime love of learning!
The TRHSA Head Start program supports the physical, social, and emotional development of children from age 3 to 5 years, by offering children and their families a variety of comprehensive services, which include:
- Educational opportunities provided by passionate, degreed teachers
- Screening and follow-up for health, development, and behavior
- Social and emotional health
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Family goal-setting
- Services for children with disabilities
- Transition services
These comprehensive services are delivered in an educational environment that is individualized to support children’s growth, and is responsive to each child and family’s ethnic, cultural, and linguistic heritage.