Elgin, IL 60123
TWO RIVERS HEAD START AGENCY
Responsible for CSBG Case Management, assisting with CSBG data entry and overseeing the Elgin CSBG office.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Four year degree in Human Services preferred.
- Must have professional ability to work effectively with other agencies and with a variety of clients and ability to manage time with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in the social service field preferred.
- Bilingual ability (Spanish) preferred where demographics deem it necessary.
- Must pass all preliminary pre hire requirements including but not limited to Drug Testing and Criminal Background Clearances.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Keep accurate records and maintain proper filing system.
- Supervise On the Job Training Receptionist.
- Conduct intake interviews for two On the Job Training (OJT) positions.
- Maintain job and service referrals for Kane County.
- Network with area service providers and Kane County Family Workers to publicize and recruit for the CSBG Programs.
- Provide consultation and referrals to walk-in and phone-in clients.
- Compile, prepare, and present all client folders for emergency assistance and other CSBG services.
- Maintain clean and safe food pantry, ensuring that all food is handled by proper food safety guidelines.
- Responsible for submitting monthly commodity distribution paperwork to the Northern Illinois Food Bank.
- Be available to attend community service activities outside of normal working hours.
- Enter all CSBG intakes into STARS data system.
- Responsible for compliance with CSBG grant requirements.
- Keep confidential all information pertaining to agency children, families, clients and staff.
- Assist in the recruitment of children when appropriate.
- Perform any other assigned tasks relevant to the effective operation of the agency or assigned by supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
Must have sufficient strength and flexibility (ability to stoop, bend, twist, etc.) to frequently bend down to a child’s level, sit on the floor with the children, respond to a child’s quick and frequent movements and occasionally lift a child (30-50 pounds). Must have ability to work in an environment with a high noise level and considerable activity.
Physical demands -While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for long periods of time; bend down to a child’s level, sit on the floor with the children, respond to a child’s quick and frequent movements, use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move 30 to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision.
Work environment– Must have ability to work in an environment with a high noise level and considerable activity.