Responsible for all fiscal departments of the Agency and reporting all fiscal information to funding sources, which includes all program accounts and grants in the agency.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Four year degree in accounting, business administration or related field.
- Professional ability to work and communicate effectively with others.
- Non profit sector experience preferred.
- Ability to supervise and direct employees.
- Must have strong accounting/computer background, organizational skills, and accurate typing/computer skills.
- Professional ability to work effectively with others and to manage time with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Must pass all preliminary pre hire requirements including but not limited to Drug Testing and Criminal Background Clearances.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all agency financial procedures are being followed.
- Maintain accurate agency financial records.
- Authorize payments of all agency bills, ensuring that all proper documentation is in order for data input.
- Enlist procurement process for all major purchases for administrative office/maintain related inventory records.
- Prepare cash receipts and journal entries for data input.
- Prepare timely bank reconciliations.
- Analyze financial reports.
- Serve as back‐up for payroll processing.
- Responsible for final reporting of CACFP (Child and Adult Care Feeding Program), KEYS and DHS (Department of Human Services) programs, as well as related bank deposits.
- Prepare Corporate Annual Report.
- Prepare fiscal reports and submit to the funding sources.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors and Policy Council, which includes revenues, expenditures and current fund balance.
- Assist Executive Director and Program Coordinators with grant writing, budgets, and prepare
- Prepare work papers for annual audit.
- Maintain computerized fund accounting system and other database programs.
- Keep confidential all information pertaining to Head Start children, families, and staff.
- Supervise fiscal staff (Payroll/Administrative Manager, Accounts Payable Clerk and Fiscal Administrative Specialist).
- Keep confidential all information pertaining to children, families, clients and staff.
- Assist in the recruitment of children when appropriate.
- Perform any other assigned tasks relevant to the effective operation of the agency or assigned by supervisor.