Aurora, IL 60506
TWO RIVERS HEAD START AGENCY
Job Title: Health Services Coordinator Program: Head Start
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports to: Executive Director
Length of Job: 12 months, 52 weeks Supervises: n/a
Work Schedule: Full Time; Hourly Last Revised: 06/11/2020
General Description Responsible for the administration of the overall health administration of the Head
Start program including disabilities, mental health and nutrition and physical health in accordance with
Head Start standards.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Health Services, Disabilities Management, or Mental Health
Management or related field
- Eighteen (18) hours in child development and early intervention credentials or willingness to work toward attainment.
- Must have the ability to gain cooperation and effectively communicate with parents, children, staff and outside consultants.
- Must be able to coordinate disabilities and mental health services including the development, implementation and overview of effective strategies to prevent, assess, and treat/refer for developmental, social, emotional, behavioral concerns involving young children and their families.
- Must pass Sanitation certification exam.
- Ability to process hearing and vision screening preferred.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bilingual ability preferred where demographics deem it necessary.
- Must pass all preliminary pre hire requirements including but not limited to Drug Testing and Criminal Background Clearances.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate all Health Services and Nutritional Services.
- Check each child’s health record. Coordinate follow up duties with Family Workers, Center Supervisors, nurse consultant and dietitian.
- Consult area health personnel for health and community information,obtain cooperative agreements.
- Check all medical/dental bills and submit for approval of payment.
- Suggest Health and Nutrition workshops for parents and their families in cooperation with Family Services Coordinators and consultants.
- Initiate partners with area service providers to promote dental and medical health.
- Approve all bills and expenses related to special menu purchases.
- Assist HR Generalist and Education Managers in planning to promote health, nutrition and disability education for teachers.
- Submit semi-annual reports.
- Assist in the recruitment and enrollment of children with disabilities.
- Coordinate with the Fiscal Officer and Fiscal assistant to implement and monitor the CACFP program. Perform quarterly onsite monitoring.
- Coordinate the referral of children who may be eligible for further assessment as determined through observation of the child within the context of the classroom, screening, consultation with staff personnel working with each child and consultation with the parents.
- Coordinate with local school district or agency Assessment Team and Service providers in the provision of comprehensive follow up services for children with disabilities and their families.
- Work with the Family Services Coordinators and the Program Education Managers to assist in developing a work plan for the delivery of disability services.
- Provide technical assistance in the use of the screening tool at each site. Assist Center Supervisor and screening team in coordination and implementation of developmental screening within 45 calendar days of each child’s enrollment.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of the annual fall staffing of all enrolled children and additional follow up staffing’s throughout the year as needed.
- Initiate referral, assessment and behavior management plans.
- Initiate referral, assessment, Individualized Education Plan (IEP) development and implementation for children with a health impairment.
- Observe at all centers and assist Program Education Managers in ensuring a proper environment for children with a health impairment.
- Ensure that families of children with disabilities are aware of all legal protections and advocacy rights due them as well as the responsibilities that they have to support their child in getting the education that best meets the child’s needs. Integrate with all content areas for the provision of training and technical assistance for parents.
- Consult with other community professionals concerned with disabilities.
- Attend meetings at centers and with parents and staff as needed and requested.
- Develop and implement a written collaborative agreement with mental health agencies and school districts serving children with disabilities.
- Submit monthly screening numbers and findings to local Child Family Connections.
- Participate in the training of new staff members.
- Adhere to Two Rivers Head Start Agency Policies and Procedures.
- Assist in the recruitment and enrollment of children.
- Keep confidential all information pertaining to agency children, families, clients and staff.
- Perform any other assigned tasks relevant to the effective operation of the agency or assigned by the supervisor.
Essential Job Functions Must have sufficient strength and flexibility (ability to stoop, bend, twist, etc.) to frequently bend down to a child’s level, sit on the floor with the children, respond to a child’s quick and frequent movements and occasionally lift a child (30-50 pounds). Must have ability to work in an environment with a high noise level and considerable activity.
Physical demands -While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for long periods of time; bend down to a child’s level, sit on the floor with the children, respond to a child’s quick and frequent movements, use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move 30 to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision.
Work environment– Must have ability to work in an environment with a high noise level and considerable activity.
Evaluation A New Employee Evaluation will be completed after 3 months of employment and annually thereafter.
Advanced Criteria Attend workshop/classes pertaining to the position or as recommended by supervisor
_ Mission Statement _ The Mission of Two Rivers Head Start Agency is to alleviate the effects of poverty by providing education, support services and opportunities for children, families and communities.
Acknowledgement I acknowledge that I have read and understand the Job Profile and what would be expected of me. Two Rivers Head Start Agency reserves the right to modify or reassign job duties and/or combine positions at any time. I also understand that I am an at-will employee, and this description does not constitute as a contract of employment.